Monday, November 16, 2009

mental health day...

Every time I sit down to blog the first sentence that enters my mind is always 'the last few days have been incredibly busy...' - and than I think... well, which few days haven't been incredibly busy? When was the last time I thought 'boy... what am I to do with all this extra time?' The answer of course is... I can't remember. 
Last Saturday I've hosted Margo's little B-day party... and although everything went fabulously smooth and all children left alive and happy... I had to lie down for an hour with eyes closed... before the clean up and other 'to do' items would take over again. How much 'busy' could a girl take...
Turns out... just this much... because, this morning, after I turned on the computer ... I decided to turn it off and take a 'mental health day'. Girls were home enjoying their 'PD' day. Mike was home. My tv was home... we had a good day:)
Tomorrow, I'm going to open my eyes and have a real work day... 

6 comments:

Melissa G said...

You crack me up… “all children left alive and happy”.

Since becoming a mum this year I've come to appreciate those quiet moments.

By the way, I love the birds that have been appearing in your illustrations lately.

Anonymous said...

A well deserved mental health day for you. Nicely done.

Most excellent illustration of Margo's B-day party fun.

Lara Brehm said...

your pigeons are so funny!

About said...

certainly well deserved....those days are just essential from time to time! Just wish we could fit more of them in!!

My Owl Barn said...

Your "all children left alive and happy" made me laugh. Have a great health day and see you tomorrow :)

Hannanonien said...

I just want to say that I love your illustrations and that I linked to you from my blog!