Wednesday, November 16, 2011

wildwood . . .

How often, when you are trying to shop for other people do you come across unexpected treasures that you must have? For me, it's an 'every time' kind of occurrence. Last time it happened I was in Toronto, in a little 'hipster type' store (full of expensive little nothings) when I came across 'WILDWOOD'. I have not read any reviews (or even heard of it) but the illustrations (by Carson Ellis - and the book is peppered with them) were just so good - I had to buy the book by it's cover! No regrets. It turned out to be a great read, and I can't wait until the girls read it (ages 9 UP) and we could have a little chat about it:)

10 comments:

Jess.Morillo said...

awesome! beautiful pic!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Thank you for the tip! I love Carson Ellis' illustrations and I would have totally would have bought the book for the same reasons you did had I come across it. I'm off to the Bookdepository site to order :)

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

oops that is two times 'would have' just to emphasize I really 'would have' you know...;)

Stéphanie Rousseau said...

nice discovery, thank you!

Jenny said...

hooray! ive been looking for a book for my 12 yo neice for christmas...just put the book on hold at the library to give it a look see for myself!

Carolyn Gavin said...

oooh, I have to get Myself and Lily a copy. Gorgeous!

Gulcin said...

This is number one on my wishlist! I downloaded first four chapters from their website : http://www.wildwoodchronicles.com/

Luzmaría Alam said...

The name and the cover looks very interesting :D great find.

Natascha Rosenberg said...

I'm sure it is a wonderful piece of art :)

Kaylovesvintage said...

I love that book
http://www.wildwoodchronicles.com/extras